This is my account of the Fat Attack weekend I took part in starting the 19th May 2011.
- You feel great for completing the weekend, no matter how much you do.
- The instructors are good.
- If you can’t do the exercise, you can tone it down for example I walked 4k in the mornings instead of jogging 10k because of my asthma.
- They will take your dietary needs into consideration BUT they will forget. I was given two things I was allergic to by accident. The lady organizer is very secretive about her ‘special blend’ tea, which meant I drank half a cup before someone mentioned it tasted lemony and she confirmed it had lemon in it, which I am allergic to.
- The accommodation is VERY basic. When I was there, 2 showers between about 16 girls, if this bothers you, upgrade.
- If you don’t do ALL the exercises that they give you no matter what the reason, the organizer may not want to weigh you rendering all the hard work you’ve done pointless and leaving you grumpy and with a sour taste in your mouth. If this happens to you, INSIST! After all you’ve worked hard for what you’ve done.
£400 for the basic boot camp. I paid £179 with LivingSocial deals
WOULD I DO IT AGAIN? No, simply because of the weird attitude I was getting from the organizer, I might try somewhere else though! I really enjoyed it and would have gone again but for the strange attitude of the organizer on the last hour of the last day. It was a shame because it was brilliant up to that point. I had to insist on being weighed and after being pressed three times she gave me the other measurements such as fat percentage that I had lost – and I did lose! Read the next few pages to find out what happened.
CONCLUSION This is an amazing weekend if you are fit and healthy. However if you suffer from ailments, (I am slightly unusual in the sheer number of mine!) then this might not be the boot camp for you. It is 99% outdoors with only one class indoors (Body Combat). If you are prone to severe sunburn then this is not for you, unless you do it in February! On balance I enjoyed it (barring the last hour) and my friend who is sickeningly healthy loved it.
Click on the next page for the full review.