I have loved working in each one for different reasons but the most common reason was the variety of skills I picked up and had to have to survive in the job.
Here are the good things that I found working as a Librarian:
- Supportive community
- Good pay
- Never bored (always something to do)
- Opportunity to be creative (displays, brochures etc.)
- Meet different kinds of people
- Varied work
- Met my need for order
- The ability to help others
- I always had great feedback from customers (librarians are usually appreciated)
- Interesting conferences
- Advances in technology which made life easier and gave me opportunities to be creative (see above)
- Budgeting with half a million pounds (3/4 million dollars) Mwahahah, oh the power (…to be sensible)
- And lots of opportunity to read sci-fi with no late fees (school)!
This question was originally posted and answered on Quora. Only my answer is reproduced and may be slightly amended to make sense as a stand alone answer. If you would like to read other answers, please click on the link below.